Monday, May 24, 2010

INSANITY!

It has been a week and a day since I was last in a boat, and for a competitive rower that is a long time when there are races in the near future and the water is flowing.
Although I have been enjoying my time off, I am getting a little restless without the structure of competitive athletics. I have found something that keeps the restless at bay. It's Shaun T's INSANITY!

It's an entire workout program all on workout videos, that is literally insane, but totally awesome. All you need to do any of the 10 workouts is a mat, and most you don't even need that. Shaun T as runs these hardcore circuits he is motivating, hardcore and intense but never condescending. He is constantly reminding you of the importance of form and to take a break if you lose it.
Although I am not following the program to a tee, if you want something to do for the next 60 days that is fun and will get you in wicked shape INSANITY is it! Even though I am going back to the water with 2 a day rows on this Thursday, I am going to keep up with my insanity workouts to help maintain my speed, power, and agility as well as to help me with my weak areas: shoulders and hips.
Push the couch a side and go insane!
Mariel BOOM!

Next post will be on my celiac reseach, because according to women's health (I know that this is not a credible medical journal) it could be the cause of the mysterious red bumps on my knees and elbows.

1 comment:

  1. I'm simply DYING to do insanity! let me know when you're back in boston and maybe I can join? I'll provide brekkie if I can work out with you <3 you know i can roll with 4 ams!

    ReplyDelete