Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hot, Hotter, Hottest

I am someone who loves to workout outside, I get depressed in the winter when I have to be inside all the time. What is there to do on a day like today when it`s 40C (104F) with the humidity? I did bike over to my friends house to go tanning in back yard, with frequent cool down breaks in the sprinkler, but it was much to hot out to do more then bike for transportation.
Yesterday when I decided it was a good idea to erg in the humidity I felt like I could barely breath.
What is a girl to do? I have come up with a few options:
1) Workout leisurely (well not full out) outside, and drink lots of water.
2) workout in the early morn or late evening when it's not as hot
3) Go swimming, although the City of Ottawa has not yet officially open it's beaches, check it out because early season waters in high temperatures might not be safe to swim in
4) Workout indoors, I will probably be doing an INSANITY workout () tonight in my nicely air conditioned basement.

The plus side of this weather is that I only craved fresh veggies and cold fruit (ok and ice cream)
Keep Cool

Mariel BOOM

No comments:

Post a Comment