Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Biking from A to B



It is now officially summer, and I couldn't be more excited, although I have been calling it summer since I got home from school on May 17th. The one thing that I love about summer at home is using my bike for transportation. I try to bike almost everywhere I go, partly because I have to (I might be the only 21 year old who doesn't know how to drive), but also because there are so many benefits.
I have create a list of all of the great things about biking:
  1. You don't use any fossil fuels, which is good for the environment and your wallet.
  2. Instead of fossil fuels you get to use delicious fuels (ice cream as a summer time treat, or beer on a patio in the sun anyone?) or fuel you already have (on your butt or abs?)
  3. It's an extra workout that is great for your heart, is low impact, and doesn't take up any extra time, because you have to commute anyways.
  4. No traffic! There is no better feeling then being on a bike and buzzing past all those cars that are stuck in that traffic jam. Although sometime those runners and walkers on the path do get in your way, there is no faster way to get through downtown at 5 o'clock then on your bike.
  5. Being outside. It's the summer and it's time to get outside. For those of us who live in places where there are four seasons let's take advantage of the time we can spend outside, you might get rained on every once in a while, but who cares!
Imagine if everyone biked to work even just 1 day a week how much better off we would all be.
Happy Cycling!


M. Boom

No comments:

Post a Comment